National Service Scheme - NSS
||Prof. Edwin Joseph Raj. D, Vice – Principal
||Mr.C.R.Ratheesh, Assistant Professor/ECE
The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation of other person's point of view and also shows consideration for /other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrine in this motto, which underlines the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
- As our institution is SFU, it consists of single unit with 100members.
- The unit is structured as staff co-ordinator, Student head of NSS and members of NSS.
Enrollment of NSS Volunteers:
- The NSS volunteers are enrolled from the first and second year degree-class students. Preference is given to the students who have worked as NSS volunteers at +2 level also.
- Students belonging to minority communities, scheduled castes and scheduled tribes are encouraged to participate in NSS.
- The girls are motivated to join NSS.
OBJECTIVE OF NSS:
- To work with a sense of dedication among the people.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- To engage his/her knowledge of himself/herself and community through confrontation with reality of social life.
- To gain skill in the exercise of democratic leadership.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- To gain skills in programme development to enable him/her for self-employment.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- To promote the will to serve the weaker section of the community.
LIST OF EVENTS:
- NSS in association with Coimbatore District Administration jointly organized a “WOMEN’S MINI WALKATHON” for creating voting awareness and the importance of women’s vote for the development of Republic India.
- More than 100 volunteers have volunteered at Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya for the birthday celebration of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna on the first Sunday of January 2016 where the festival is popularly known as “Gurupuja”.
- Organized various Blood Donation and Polio Vaccination Camps on behalf of the Government Primary health center to serve the needy.
- Organized 5000 tree planting campaign, in and around the surroundings of G.Koundampalayam more than 1000 volunteers have addressed the event.
- One of the core Organizers for the World’s only Largest Students and Parents Meet which was held at Codissia Trade Fair Complex.
- As a part of National Library Week Participated in the ‘Grand Rally for Promoting Reading Habit’ with volunteers of more than 80 students, where the event is jointly organized by the Society for the Advancement Library and Information science.
- Organized an event ‘Vibathilla Kovai’ for creating awareness about the importance of wearing helmet.